Britishers has developed the town as their summer capital of India.
Shimla (शिमला in Hindi Language) or Simla is capital of Himachal Pradesh State in India. It is a very well-liked holiday destination specially in summer months in India and it is famous for its Victorian architecture, which is prominent in some localities of the Mall and The Ridge areas. Also a famous holiday for honeymooners.
Shimla is after the name of the Goddess of Shyamali Devi, who is re-incarnation of the Goddess Kali.
Christ Church -The Ridge AREA
Shimla’s population from the Pahadi community about 145,000 residents.
Languages spoken in Shimla are Hindi, Punjabi, Pahadi and English.
Climate of Shimla
Best time to visit Shimla
|Seasons in Shimla||Month wise Temperature|
|Autumn||October-November||10°C to 23°C|
|Monsoon||July-September||13°C to 20°C|
|Spring||March-April||10°C to 20°C|
|Summer||May- June||16°C to 28°C|
|Winter||December-February||-7°C to 10°C|
Being at an altitude of 2200m (approximately) above the sea level, the town has a hilly land and is capped by dense green forest.
The Shimla Mountain Train
This railway track has recently got the status of a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The view from the trains window are stunning amazing and the train passes through 103.
How to reach Shimla By plane
Shimla Airport and also
Chandigarh airport is is about 112kms form Shimla is a 4hts drive due to mountain terrain at Kalka Shimla Highway.
Places to see in Shimla
- The Mall
- Jakhu Temple
- Statue of Mahatma Gandhi
- Christ Church
- Chadwick Falls, 7 km away from Shimla
- Jakhoo Hill, Located at an altitude of 2,445m, This is Shimla's highest point, the view is most popular
- Dorje Drag Monastery, Sarasvati Garden Estate, Kusmuti.
- The Electronic Message Board at the Ridge
- The Ridge, Jakhu Hill
- Christ Church
- Lower Bazaar
- Viceregal Lodge
- Shimla Water Catchment Sanctuary
- Guiness Record Holder painter Sanat Chatterjee's home.
- Maria Brothers, Antique books & travelogues
- Hip Hip Hurray Amusement
- Kufri Fun
- Tara Devi
- Shimla State Museum,
- Photo Art Gallery at Potter's Hill
- Sankat Mochan
- View of Cart Road and surrounding hills from The Mall
- One must take a leisurely walk at the Mall road which is of 7km and also it famous for Victorian Architecture.
- Visit the zoo at Kufri
- Ice skating is possible in Shimla from November to March,
- Trek in the local mountains.
- Tee off at the Naldehra Golf Course,
- Kinnaur Kailash Parikrma Trek: