About Manali Tourism?
Manali in Kullu Valley in Himachal Pradesh State in India which is a hill station. It is at a height of 2050m (6398 ft) in the Himalayan mountain region.
Manali is on Beas river (also Vyaas ), it is the most popular tourist palce specially in summer season and a unbelievable, snow-capped place during winter.
Manali can be visited on the road leading to Ladakh on the way to ythe valley of Lahaul and Spiti along with Rohtang Pass which is the main tourist attraction close to near Manali.
How to reach Manali By train?
The nearest Broad Gauge Railway station is “Ambala Cantt “ which is 200km away and Chandigarh Railway Station which is 250km New Delhi.
How to reach Manali By plane?
The nearest airport is Bhuntar ( Kullu ) Airport and it is 50km from Manali or 10km from Kullu, it takes approximate 2hrs to reach.
When to Visit Manali?
The temperature is -5°C from October to March and coldest months are December to February. Apart from this, through out year the temperature would be somewhere in between 15-20°C in Manali.
Places to see in Manali
- Rohtang Pass is at an altitude of 3979m above sea level.
- An adventure tourist place it can be chilly cold during summers too, being the the highest point in Manali-Keylong road. A phenomenal panoramic view of mountains rising above clouds, which is really mind blowing. A small lake-Dassaur Lake and Beas Kund whoihc is the source of river.
- Rohtang Pass remains closed off at Manali bridge, on every Tuesdays 9am to 6pm for road widening work and other repairs works. Early departure for Rohtang pass can avoid traffic congessions.
- Rohtang Pass can also be visited on foot but its very tiering to climb , needs a good cooperative guide too.
- Beas Kund,
- Hadimba Temple (ancient cave temple)
- Maa Sharvari Temple This
- Kalath Hot Water Springs
- Vashist Hot Water Springs and Temple
- Jogini Falls
- Solang Valley popularly known as Snow Point
- Jagatsukh was the former capital of Manali,
- Rahala waterfalls
- Rozy Falls
- Gauri Shankar Temple at DASHAL village
- Naggar The Castle, Roerich House and Art gallery
- Krishna Temple at Thava
- Jana Falls
- Beautiful Log Hut Area
- The Manali Gompa
- Manali Gompa
- Nehru Kund
- Hot natural Sulphur water bath at Kalath
- Get your photos clicked with either rabbits or yaks also paddle boating near Hidimba temple.
- River rafting, skiing, zorbing, trekking, snow scootering, and river crossing. this.
- Paragliding starting from 1 minute, 5 minutes or 30mts.
- Rock climbing
- Mali morning walks are phenomenal are the memorable and can be enjoyed before the town is awake.
- Deo Tibba Base Camp Trek
- Friendship peak Trekking
- Hampta Pass Trek