How to reach Ladak from Hyderabad
How to reach Ladakh by Flight?
Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport in Leh.
IATA: IXL, ICAO: VILH is Leh's airport which is capital of Ladakh, India.
It ranks 22nd in the world as highest commercial airport at an altitude of 3,256 m (10,682 ft) above mean sea level. The airport is on the name of 19th Kushok Bakula Rinpoche, who was a monk and his Monastery is in direct periphery of the Airport.
Air India operates flights to Leh from Chandigarh, Delhi, Jammu and Srinagar
GoAir, SpiceJet & Vistara has flights from Indira Gandhi International Airport of New Delhi to Leh.
Due to mountain winds during afternoons, take off and landing is done during morning only
How to reach Ladakh by Road ?
For bikers the following road is advisable t reach Leh from New Delhi
- Starting from Delhi -Jammu - Patni Top -Srinagar - Kargil - reach Leh
- Starting from Delhi - Chandigarh - Manali - Sarchu - Pangong lake -reach Leh
- Manali to Leh via Keylong road will take 13hrs and the distance is 472kms.
How to reach Ladakh by Train?
Closest railway station for Leh is Jammu Tawi, it is only 709 km from Leh. Jammu to reach Leh will take 16hrs by road.
- Ladies are requested to avoid wearing skirts, sleeveless garments /tops while in Ladakh, specially while visiting Buddhist Gompas they may not like it and also hurts there sentiments.
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking for starting 2-3 days of beginning of the in Ladak is strongly recommended.
- Respect Monks
- Ask your family doctor before the Ladakh tour about precautions
- Book a window seat in flight to see spectacular and magical view of mother nature
The Ladakh people are very helpful, extremely and very honest.
Serendipity Holidays conducts Ladak Holiday packages from Hyderabad Telagana India.